The Youth Program is a volunteer led, relationship driven ministry of the First Baptist Church. A caring and dedicated group of volunteers encourage and direct the youth to establish a personal and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ through accepting Him as Lord and Savior. This "personal" relationship is modeled as the leaders establish and develop real and meaningful relationships with each member of the youth group.
The Youth Ministry Team sends a clear message of: Commitment to God; development of a Prayer & devotional life; the calling & value of service. We encourage positive, edifying relationships and a character of development. The message includes challenges to remain sexually pure (True Love Waits), drug & alcohol free, a respect for people and the Law.
Typical Weekly Schedule:
- 9:30 Sunday School
- 10:30 Morning Worship
- 6:00 Youth Group
- 6:00 Youth Group
Youth Group (6:00-8:00) includes a meal, prayer time, a devotional, and games/recreation.
Youth Group activities in recent years have included:
- New Year's Eve Retreat to Myrtle Beach
- Souper Bowl of Caring
- Winter Jam
- Winter Retreat to Florida (Disney World/ Universal Studios)
- Winter Retreat to Winter Place, West Virginia
- Senior Graduation Sunday/Youth Sunday
- Staff Elloree First Baptist VBS
- Support staff & play participants in the Church's two annual dramas
- Support staff at annual Wild Game Supper
- Mission Trip to Tampa, Florida (Teameffort)
- Silver Ring Thing – True Love Waits
- Disney Youth Group & Family Cruise
- Children's Church & Nursery workers
- Church stage team – assembly & disassembly of sanctuary stage
- Day trips to Columbia (movie, bowling, mall, & Frankie's Fun Park)
- Mountain Trips and camping – Table Rock, Screaming Eagle Outfitter
Youth Ministry Support
The Youth Group is blessed by the support of many of its parents and friends. Support through prayer, baked goods, tasty meals, financial support, and the availability of chaperones continue to make the youth program successful.